Monday, November 2, 2009

Ace Race 2009


Had a great time at the disc tournament on Saturday. Never, never, never thought I had a chance of winning the thing. But I did! It was amazing. The tournament ran like this. Everyone received the same two prototype discs to play with. They are brand new discs so nobody gets a chance to practice with them until the day of the tourney. Then you get one shot per hole. If you get a hole in one you get an Ace. If you hit any metal on the basket you receive an M. Holes were between 100 and 200 feet long, most being around 150 feet.

I made two aces and hit two baskets. One guy also had two aces but no hits so I won! For winning I received a nice bag and 10 premium discs! So I'm set! It was a great day!

In the group picture I'm the guy hiding way to the right in the back. This was taken before we started and yes I was nervous as can be about even being there. But one of the guys I bowl with is a pro disc player and told me that the guy you least expect to win will win. So he said I would win! I guess he called it.

1 comment: