Friday, September 12, 2008

Another Missed Race


Saturday is the Chequamegon Fat Tire race. The last two years my son, Baggie Pants, and I have done this race together. Last year it was 26 degrees at the start! We are both freezing in this picture! I was so looking forward to sharing a race with my son. Last year we did the 40 miler and he smoked me! This year we were slated for the 16 miler, the Short and Fat as it is called. We call it the Short and Smart.

The weather forecast is looking awesome for the weekend. I so wish that I was doing the race. My foot is my biggest problem. It is still very sore on the ball of my foot. Putting this much pressure on it with the rough terrain would be very risky. My elbow is pretty well healed but if I were to fall it would be bad. I know my chances of falling on this elbow is slim. I don't believe in luck but I'm a firm believer in dumb luck. I'm leaving my bike stuff at home to avoid any last minute temptation.

Have a great weekend and congratulations to all of those who completed IronMan last weekend. Enjoy your family, rest up and eat a lot of pizza! You've earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment