Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Number 5 was for Da' Spandex King!

(I look like I did the race)
My niece IronSunshine just completed Ironman number five in my honor. She is an amazing athlete that has endured cancer twice in her life. You can read her race report and blog here.
Her first Ironman was the year of the heat at I-Wisconsin 2005. Next was the year of the cold and rain at I-Wi 2006. In 2007 she added Louisville and was the Ford everyday hero and went on to do I-Florida a couple of months later. That brings us to number 5 this year. It was extra special to work the finish and see her cross the line in my honor.
I didn't know a thing about it and was sure surprised to see her cross the line with the shirt she made.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, When I crossed the finish line thought I saw you but was not sure. Seeing the photo it was you! Sorry I didnt say hi. You will get to that finish line! Congrats- to Ironsunshine for 5th IM. What a inspiration she is to sign up for 2009. Kat~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - that is the sweetness!

    May congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete