Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Cheater!


In a press conference in Vienna, Austria earlier today Tour de France king of the mountain Bernhard Kohl admitted the he doped in preparation for the race.
“The pressure was overwhelming,” he said. “I was looking ahead to the Tour and realized I was not in the kind of condition I had hoped to be. I am just a man and a man who made a decision at a moment of weakness. I made a bad decision and I have to pay for that.”
According to VeloNews:
"Kohl took full responsibility for a “bad decision,” driven at least in part by the fear that he wouldn't land a new contract when his Gerolsteiner team announced plans to fold at the end of 2008.
Kohl denied that there was a systematic doping program at Gerolsteiner, despite the fact that his teammate, Stefan Schumacher, was also found to be positive for the new variant of EPO, known as CERA. "
Don't these guys ever get it? There ruining there own sport! Tour Of' Dopes!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comment on my blog about the special bond between a father and daughter. Its even worse when you are the baby daughter (or princess...whatever you like to call it). haha. My Mom said she was always number one in my Dad's life until I came along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a DOPE DORK!!!

    He though his life was going to be bad if he could not ride well and would not get picked up by another team? How bad is his life now that no team wants him and he will probably have a 2 year minimum ban from competition???

    ReplyDelete